Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 15 June 2012

June 15


”Failure is the path of least persistence.”
Anonymous
My recovery is not going to come for free. As much effort as I put into my addiction will be required to correct my behaviour and work my program. The 12 Steps are teaching me a new set of principles so that I will live my life in a more balanced fashion. The road forward will not be easy, has not been so far, but persistence and progress will get me there.
The other thing I am accepting is that having used my addiction to cope with life was not entirely a failure. It was the best mechanism I knew at the time to get by. It does not excuse the way I treated others, or myself, but my addiction did serve a purpose in getting me to today. Now that I am more aware of better ways to cope though, I am accountable to myself and my Higher Power to live a different life.
Living One Day at a Time in recovery has given me the freedom to leave yesterday behind me and allows me not to worry about what tomorrow will bring. Focusing on the here and now helps make it easier to have the strength, courage and patience to go through each 24-hour period. I know I can lean on the support of the God of my understanding as well as my fellow members. 
Affirmation
I will remain focused on today and what I need to do to face the hours before me while staying in recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment