Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 19 June 2012

June 19


”Man has never made any material as resilient as the human spirit.”
Bernard Williams
It still amazes me how spending a little time in the sunshine on a nice day can make me feel so much better. It is hard to feel down in the dumps with those golden rays beating down, fluffy clouds floating lazily on a bright blue sky. That warmth on my skin seems to have the power to satisfy my basic needs.
I am so grateful to be in a state of being where I can rejoice in the simplicities of life. There are so many more places where I find joy, happiness, excitement and fulfillment than in the past from the rather stagnant highs from my acting out. It is a little bit sad looking back and remembering how my addiction seemed to promise so much but always fell short. The simple joys I find each day in nature, in my kids, in living a truer life mean so much more and feel so much better. It does make me wonder how I could have been so blind for so many years.
My path of recovery has taken me from the low point where I was totally numb to the world around me to where I am reconnecting to all that surrounds me. My spiritual health meter was running on empty and I had forfeited most of my values and morals. Only a year later, I have regained my spirit and have a healthier outlook and approach to life. God can indeed work miracles.
Affirmation
I can appreciate the small wonders. The program promises life will give us back a fulfilling life if we can follow the steps and endure the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment