Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 29 June 2012

June 29


”I praise loudly; I blame softly”
Catherine the Second

This is certainly a lesson I still need to work on. For too many years I have done the opposite, blamed loudly and praised softly – if at all. I know part of that comes from my family of origin and always feeling like I had to deliver perfection. My faults and my mistakes have always seemed bigger and more prominent than my achievements. I guess in some ways it comes more naturally for me to treat others in the same fashion as a result.
This is certainly a defect of character that I will need to work at turning over to my Higher Power. As I gain awareness of my own positive traits and strengths I also need to take the similar steps in treating others better. Especially with my kids, I know too well ho that treatment affected the impressionable child that I was.
I am trying to learn not to blame others at all. First and foremost I need to be honest and take responsibility for my own actions. And rather than laying blame I know look to express my feelings about how the actions of others affect me and then seek to forgive them. There is a power and freedom in this new way of living that I could never have imagined.

Affirmation
Today I will seek opportunities to praise, and to forgive rather than blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment