Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 17 June 2012

June 17


”A bird does not sing because he has an answer – he sings because he has a song.”
Barbara Johnson
Spring is one of my favourite times of the year. It is a time of rebirth and renewal, and it is a funny coincidence that it was that time of the year when I first realized the extent of my problems and began to seek help. I remember feeling trepidatious and scared about walking into my first meeting. I was not entirely sure what to expect, how comfortable I would feel...it was certainly a step into the unknown. There was a small comfort in the fact that I had found my first group through a phone line and that a member was to be there to meet me. It was reassuring indeed when he was there and greeted me.
It did not take long for me to feel at ease in the group. I even shared a little at that first meeting. Since then, I have been a regular attendee. I joined a second group a couple months later, and then helped to start a step study group shortly after that. I share at every meeting, not because I have answers to making the program work, but because sharing my experience helps ground me in my recovery and maybe something I say will help another member. I learn as much if not more from everyone else who shares as I do from my own participation. I am thankful for the open and honest exchange at each meeting.
Affirmation
It is important for me to share my story with others; fellow members can learn from me as well as I can learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment