Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 14 June 2012

June 14


”Don’t save anything for a special occasion, being alive is the special occasion.”
Anonymous
I believe in waking up with a smile on my face, and in facing each day with the enthusiasm of the opportunities that lay before me. My life in recovery has been something that I more often look forward to.  The tools and skills that I continue to gain as I work the Twelve Steps give me the confidence that I can face the challenges of each day.
I am learning to be more spontaneous and to procrastinate less. I take the time needed as things occur to me to do them and act rather than trying to wait for the perfect moment. This holds for telling someone I love them to even more basic things like a chore or a to-do that I keep putting off. There’s less of a need to wait until tomorrow, making the time now to get things done makes me feel better and leaves less for me to worry about.
Life’s little moments are what keep us going. It’s not that special occasions are not important; birthdays, anniversaries and holidays all have their place. But if we are not making all the little efforts to do the important tasks and spend time with the people who matter to us, celebrating only on special occasions won’t cut it. 
Affirmation
Today I will look for the little ways to keep life special and to let those who are important in my life know how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment