Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 20 June 2012

June 20


”There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”
Beverly Sills
Recovery is hard work. It is not easy to confront myself, to revisit the past, my mistakes, and face my shortcomings. Being open and willing to change takes effort and energy. There are many days I wake and feel the burden of my journey as a cross that I need to carry. But I also have faith that I will perservere through this suffering and come out the other side a better person.
I know that my journey is not a solitary one. While I need to make the changes myself, I have discovered a new family in the program that is ready and willing to lend their support and experience to help me along the way. As much as I would love for there to be a quick and easy way, a pill to take, a button to push, I know that change is a process that needs the time it will take.
I can see in my experience and that of my fellow members that the road to anywhere worth going is often treacherous. I know too well where the easy road led me and I no longer wish to follow that route and lose myself along the way. The adversity I face will help me to rebuild my character and in the end I will be better for the trip. 
Affirmation
Today I will pursue the difficult path that will lead me to a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment