Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 22 June 2012

June 22


”I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.”
Booker T. Washington

I have always considered myself a forgiving person. I rarely take sides or hold something against someone. There have been a few people whom I have had difficulty with for long periods of time, and my only reason to hold onto my anger and frustration was because of a lack of my understanding of what I had done to cause the other person to continually mistreat me. Those are the situations which have been the hardest for me to let go of.
I have surprised myself in my recovery, having had some very emotional and trying events to cope with. Infidelity, unwanted pregnancy, my spouse falling in love with someone else, separation…I have face these without hating my partner or the other people involved. I have even been able to forgive and I can do this more readily knowing that I have a better grasp on what forgiveness means. It does not mean that I condone another’s actions, but it allows me to take back my power and keep the past from continually damaging my serenity. I am learning that I do not want to be pulled down to the level of others…loving my enemies through the grace of God makes me stronger and keeps me on the right path.

Affirmation
I will find freedom and strength in forgiveness. Taking back my power will help me along my path of recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment