Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 3 June 2012

June 3


”There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.”
John Andrew Holmes
I joined SAA because I needed help. I was grateful to have found a place of support, compassion and understanding. I feel lucky to have found people who have shared their experience, strength and hope, who have encouraged me and who have also told me straight out how they see me and what I have done or not done. These are just some of the gifts I have received from the program so far.
Now that I am somewhat more experienced I am encountering a different aspect in the fellowship. It happens more frequently that someone seeks me out for support, or that I am that extra listening ear after a meeting, or that I find myself in the position to tell things as I see them. I always try to be humble and gentle in these moments, remembering all too well what it felt like being in the other member’s place.
It is part of my responsibility to actively help others when I am capable of doing so. I still learn as much, if not more, from listening to others as I do in sharing my own experience. It feels good to do service and give back to the program in this fundamental way. 
Affirmation
I will remember how I felt when I asked for support when others need to lean on me. Being humble and gentle are important attitudes to retain.

No comments:

Post a Comment