Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 23 June 2012

June 23


”Many of our fears are tissue paper thing, and a single courageous step would carry us clear through them.”
Brendan Francis

I am often my own worst enemy when it comes to making choices. I can analyze, find excuses, rationalize all the things that could go wrong and simply stall until I end up doing nothing at all. I do this out of fear, anxiety or simply ignorance. Well, at least this is how I used to be most of the time.
Since I have begun surrendering to my Higher Power and reflect on the things in my life that I can change, my confidence has indeed been returning. In making choices once again, but from a state of serenity has shown me how often my fears and worries are unjustified and only served to keep me within the clutches of my addiction.  Each decision helps me strengthen my resolve and increases my ability to continue making choices. It diminishes y need to overthink and analyze life to the point of inaction.
Today I look at my decisions as much as possible form the point of view of what feels like the will of my Higher Power rather than my own desire. Usually this means doing the opposite of what my initial reaction is in a given situation. This reversal of decision-making has often kept me from heading down paths that would have led me to acting out so I believe there is some truth in continuing to use this tool.
  
Affirmation
I need to be careful in making choices, but not so cautious as to do nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment