Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 26 June 2012

June 26


”Gratitude looks to the past and love to the present.”
C. S. Lewis

My outlook and manner of living my life have changed significantly from when I first discovered the program. Today I look at ways of sharing my talents and abilities with others rather than being focused on solely fulfilling my own wants. In fact, I find there are fewer and fewer things I want and that taking care of my needs is sufficient to keep me going. Even more, many of my wants have now become my desire to help others simply because I can.
One of the places in my life where I notice this has changed the most is in dealing with my spouse. Whereas it used to be challenging to get me to help out, nowadays I do things as soon as I am asked or even take the initiative to simple to what needs to be done. It doesn’t matter whose chore it is, who did it last, whatever. If I am capable and have the time to do it then why shouldn’t I?
I know I am making a concerted effort to live in the present. By my new understanding of what love is, I have a new desire to share my abilities for the betterment of other, doing service at each opportunity. I also give thanks regularly for all that has happened, good and even not-so-good, to have help me to grow. I find it important to show appreciation each and every day.
  
Affirmation
Today I will practice service by helping out when I can, whether or not it is my job. I can take pride in simply doing what needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment