Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 1 August 2012

August 1

”Life goes not backwards not tarries with yesterday.”
Kahlil Gibran
Life may not take me back in time, but that certainly does not stop me from being able to get stuck in the past. If I send my energy either “what if’ing” or simply obsessing about things that have happened, the world carries on around me while I take no active role. My inability to let go, to give up control of the yesterdays that I can do nothing to change, inhibits me from being present and taking action in today.
I wonder if we are one of the few species who even bothers to worry about yesterday. I can’t imagine most creatures would survive for very long if they spent as much energy thinking about all that had happened rather than taking care of what needed to be done right now. I think sometimes as a human I feel a need to complicate life when really it is meant to be simplified. If I am hungry, I eat. If I am thirsty, I drink. If I am cold, I find a way to stay warm. The weather yesterday, the report that was due, and the clothes I wore, all these details and more have next-to-no impact on my present condition and needs. Now is the time that matters and therefore deserves my attention. 
Affirmation
Right here, right now is where I can change, grow, learn, and work on my recovery – so let’s get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment