Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 7 August 2012

August 7

”The snow goose need not bathe to make itself white. Neither need you do anything but be yourself.”
Lao-tse
Who am I? What is my purpose in life? Why am I here? What does my Higher Power want with me? I have struggled with many questions like this in my first year of recovery. In fact they still come up from time to time. Usually the trigger is when something significant changes in my life, a relationship starts or ends, new work, a move…but usually it is something external. I need to be reminded that the only opinion of who I am that matters is the one shared between myself and my Higher Power. That is the only person whose judgement really matters, that is objective and unbiased.
The Steps are not only a path to reconnecting with the God of my understanding; they are also a recipe to help me find myself. Taking stock of who I am , who I want to be, letting go of the past, turning over my shortcomings and make amends all lead me to my authentic self. I am not changing any fundamental part of me, but choosing to start using those good and real parts to cope with life rather than relying on false idols. 
Affirmation
I am the one and only me, always have been and always will be. The only approval I need to seek is from my Higher Power who accepts me just as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment