Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 20 August 2012

August 20

”The true way of softening one’s troubles is to solace those of others.”
Madame de Maintenon
My problems, looked at in isolation, often seem huge, difficult or insurmountable. Yet as I share them with others, my sponsor, fellow addicts or in my meetings, I often gain insight in describing them to others that allows me a more realistic view. In sharing I often hear stories from others   that also challenge me to look at the emphasis I am putting on the problem and how I am holding back from working towards a solution. Sometimes I just need to recognize someone else’s pain and suffering to forget about my own for a while and to be the one who lends support rather than leaning on others.
I am beginning to realize the power of the program in those of us who are recovering transforming into wounded healers. It is my darkest and lowest points of my life, when I felt at the end of any hope, that are becoming strengths that allow me to connect with others who are suffering that is only possible because I have been there too. Through this common bond I can show that even as bad as my life has been, it has turned to a positive direction, by the grace of my Higher Power, where the sun shines once again and a sense of normalcy is possible. 
Affirmation
I will recognize my potential as a wounded healer and reach out to someone I know who is suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment