Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 4 August 2012

August 4

”The uncertainties of the present always give way to the enchanted possibilities of the future.”
Kirkland
I am learning to stop trying to second guess myself and others. It’s too easy for me to search for meaning and motivation in situations where I have no control in an attempt to try and make sense of it. The problem is that only through open communication with others will I get the information that I am lacking… and only if that other person is willing to share it. Trying to find justification or rationalizations for someone else’s behaviour is a fruitless activity that only leads to more pain and frustration.
So this is another part of learning to let go. It means being able to accept the actions and words of others at face value rather than searching for a hidden meaning or motivation. It means stop brooding when others behave in ways that confuse or frustrate. It means I go back to where my focus is supposed to be, on me and my recovery, the parts that I can control and change.
When I let go of these uncertainties I give myself the liberty to live in the moment and to be open to the future rather than having my focus on the past. It is easier to maintain my own serenity when I stop trying to figure out how everyone else around me is doing and why they are doing what they do. It’s none of my business so best to let them be.
Affirmation
I will keep my focus on the present by not analyzing the deeds of others and worrying only about what I say and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment