Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 22 August 2012

August 22

”When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I’ve never tried before.”
Mae West
Hmm, does that ever sound like my addict. I can all too readily recall how I would get caught acting out in specific ways by my spouse, promise never to do behaviour X again (and truly mean it), then pick up behaviour Y which was usually worse and had more dire consequences. And so went those downward spirals where everything was darker, where more was needed to get the desired effect, and more risk was taken.
Recovery is about making choices too. But now I can usually recognize the “evil” choice and instead go for the “live” choice, the healthy way to act that supports my growth and maturity in the program. I can see that the choices of my addiction negatively impact my serenity whereas outer circle and program-related activities stimulate me in positive directions.
Life still means taking risks. I have more awareness of where my decisions, good or bad, can lead me after everything I have learned from others in the program. I can no longer claim to be naïve and ignorant of the consequences of my actions. I am responsible now for my recovery.
Affirmation
Choosing recovery means choosing to be accountable. It’s not about perfection but about accepting the consequences of my decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment