Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 15 August 2012

August 15

”Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine.”
Lord Byron
I knew I was in good company in my meetings when I saw others able to make jokes and laugh about their behaviours. It has encouraged me to try and take myself less seriously. Life is not all about responsibility. I have many defects, and have done many things that in retrospect were insane, hilarious, ridiculous and just plain stupid. Being able to laugh at my own foibles helps me to put the past into proper perspective.
Laughter can also help deflate the sense of grandeur and importance my addiction feels it deserves. While I can admit it served a purpose in helping me cope in some manner, it certainly does not deserve to be worshipped or held in high-esteem. A little bit of self-ridicule and mocking can go a long way in reminding me that there is a better way to live.
Laughter has also been described as the shortest distance between two people. I certainly know it has helped me connect to certain members of my groups. It is a healthy form of intimacy that helps to draw me into close relationships. Opening myself to making jokes about me has the same effect and is a sign I am letting go of old behaviours.


Affirmation
Transforming pain into laughter helps me to move forward and loosens the grip of my addictive past.

No comments:

Post a Comment