Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 14 August 2012

August 14

”I am part of all I have met.”
Lord Alfred Tennyson
I am unique. My uniqueness comes not only from all the parts inherent in me from birth, but also from everything I have experienced in my life. As true as it is that I have influenced everyone I have come into contact with, so too have I been influenced in return by them.
Those I have been more regularly exposed to or that I have let closer into my personal life have had more potential to both nurture and damage parts of me. In some ways this is what allows me to feel more at ease when sharing my darker secrets with strangers in the program, the connection to my personal core is not as strong.
There is another dimension. When I begin to see myself as a part of a larger community and recognize the influence I can have, I then have a responsibility to try and be a positive influence. I can strive to be someone who will enhance the journey and lives of others rather than being a hindrance or obstacle. For me this is one way of showing that I am doing the will of my Higher Power. 
Affirmation
My uniqueness is a gift, but one that is meant to be shared, not hoarded or squandered. May I be a positive influence in the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment