Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Saturday 11 August 2012

August 11

”Courage is the capacity to confirm what can be imagined.”
Leo Rosten
An interesting way to view courage, not so much in terms of fear as we normally portray it, but in the willingness to risk doing something to make it a reality. It is about pushing the limits of our comfort and stepping into unfamiliar territory. I think this applies well to the 12 Steps; for me they are new, untested waters but I can have faith in the thousands who have gone before me and followed the program to a new way of living. While it still takes my willingness and courage to set out on my own voyage through the program, I know I am not alone and have many people willing to support me along the way.
Confirmation of what can be imagined…these words strike me each time I read the Ottawa Promises; there is always at least one that resonates. As I progress in my recovery, I have seen some of them realized: hearing myself laugh again, turning loneliness into solitude, shame becoming grace. I am learning to forgive myself and others, to develop a deeper understanding of love and my sexual fantasies and obsessions have diminished. Each of these is a result of my continued faith in a Higher Power and the program to lead me in a better direction than I have led myself. I am grateful I have let go of the reins.
Affirmation
I can rely on the hope and faith of others that the program will lead me to a saner life where I can be happy, free, and genuine.

No comments:

Post a Comment