Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 24 August 2012

August 24

”Be the change that you want to see in the world.”
Mahatma Gandhi
This quote always reminds me of another anecdote about Gandhi. A mother goes to see him one day and asks Gandhi to tell her son to stop eating sugar. Gandhi tells the woman to come back in 2 weeks. When the woman returns, Gandhi looks at her son and tells him to stop eating sugar. The lady is a bit confused and asks Gandhi why he didn’t simply say this at the previous meeting. To which Gandhi replied, “Two weeks ago I was still eating sugar.” Wow! If only I had a fraction of that resolve and authenticity in my own life.
I am trying to adopt this as my way of life. I now observe the speed limit, obey traffic signals, try to be more courteous – all things I would have previously ignored and disregarded because “everyone else does it.” I don’t want to be a blind follower any longer. My path is different now because I choose to make it so.
I want to apply the same philosophy to the person I am becoming. I need to focus on the attitudes and behaviours that I want to have rather than relying on what used to be the norm. Changing habits is difficult and I am not always able to make the change right away. It takes patience, perseverance, and faith in my Higher Power that I will change.
Affirmation
Change in my life starts with me. God grant me the strength and courage today to change what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment