Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 28 August 2012

August 28

”Service is the rent we pay to be living. It is the key purpose of life and not something to do in your spare time. ”
Marian Wright Edelman
As my term as group treasurer draws to a close, I am grateful for the opportunity to have been of service to my group. It is a small token of appreciation for all the fellowship has given back to me. It has also been a positive motivator to keep me coming to meetings on a regular basis, especially on those days where I would rather have done something else.
Having an opportunity to act responsibly was also a building block to putting my life in recovery into perspective and having some healthy, positive experiences to rebuild my self-esteem and confidence.
Service is also about humility and putting the needs of others before those of my own. It is a reminder that nothing is beneath me if it is for the benefit of the greater good. Simple acts of collecting donations, paying room rental costs and ordering literature also helped me in ensuring the continuing functioning of my group so that there is a place for fellow addicts, old and new, to come to find the same help I am. 
Affirmation
Service allows me not only to give back to the program that is helping me, but ensure that the group will exist for others to seek help as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment