Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 19 August 2012

August 19

”A knowledge of the path cannot be substituted for putting one foot in front of the other.”
M. C. Richards
I frequently share that since discovering SAA the greatest gift I have, and continue to receive, is that of awareness. No longer am I living under the delusion of my addiction, in the fog that there is no better way to be. Yet whole all this awareness is great. While I can recognize when I am triggered, when a situation is likely to start me down that slippery slope, it isn’t always enough. My awareness gives me a pause in my thinking, and the opportunity to do things differently, to choose another path than my addict’s auto-pilot. But in order to change I need to act on that awareness.
If my awareness just registers the warning on my radar, but I ignore it, eventually the blip will be right on top of me and my ability to fight it off will be that much harder. I need to realize that this early warning signal needs to be taken seriously, that if I value my recovery that I need to take precautionary measures a.s.a.p. This is the time to pick up a tool, repeat the Serenity Prayer or the 12 Steps, contact my sponsor or a fellow member, pray to my Higher Power, or whatever will support me in turning away from the lures of my addict. Over time my healthy reactions to my awareness radar will become more instinctual and I will find it easier to avoid sticky situations.
Affirmation
I will treat my awareness today with extra care and practice putting precautionary measures in to place before things get out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment