Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 17 August 2012

August 17

”Far away in the sunshine are my highest expectations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow their lead.”
Louisa May Alcott
Some of my goals may be loft ideas right now. They may seem unrealistic, unreachable or even impossible. Yet I can look back at my life to a time not so long ago where I thought the return to some sense of normalcy, of being able to enjoy the simple pleasures of life, seemed a state that was out of my reach. Today it is something that has mostly been regained. So who am I to judge what remains in the realm of possibility?
I need not achieve such grandiose dreams in a simple heroic leap…more likely it will take a long journey, and often, if I am focused on the way ahead and less on the goal, I often find I have surpassed the goal rather than recognizing the exact instant I have attained what was once so highly desired.
My path in recovery is less about the milestones than it is about each mile and each stone that I look upon or under as I voyage ahead. My focus on the present, staying aware of what I can change, where I can make a difference – this is what enables me to mature and grow. 
Affirmation
I can reach for the stars while realizing that I still need to take a step at a time to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment