Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 10 August 2012

August 10

”A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.”
Larry Bird
My addict’s most powerful weapon is denial. Denial that what I am doing is wrong, that it is hurting somebody, that I might get caught, that there may be some negative consequences. At the same time, it is also a denial that I need a healthy spirituality, that I am good and wholesome. In short my addiction uses denial to turn me into a mindless slave who is full of self-doubt, self-loathing, and worthlessness.
My Higher Power, on the other hand, promises all the opposite. He wants me to find my gifts and talents, to exploit them to do His will and make the world a better place. He wants me to work hard, struggle, overcome obstacles and achieve my goals. I am not unique in this; my Higher Power wants all of us to embrace our individuality to make life interesting, productive and creative.
The part that is left to me is to decide which side to bet on. Do I fall for the quick and easy, take care of me, myself and I, of addiction? Or do I choose the long, winding road full of treacherous obstacles that threaten to derail me at each turn? Do I deny my true nature or do I embrace it, nurture it and help it grow? Do I live in the present or let life slip past as I bury my head in the sand? Am I a winner?
Affirmation
My free will is a blessing and a curse, but I can decide today which it will be. May I choose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment