Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 23 August 2012

August 23

”Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes.”
Maggie Kuhn
It’s been quite apparent in my life since finding SAA that there is no going back. I know too much now, about addiction, about the program and about myself to give in blindly to my compulsive behaviour. Like the cartoon characters of old, I’ve looked down after walking off the cliff into mid-air and realized that gravity exists – and that I will fall.
This awareness has also put me in touch with my feelings. I find myself no longer content to avoid them, push them away, ignore them or use them to act in an inappropriate manner. I feel more compelled to speak my mind, to share how I react, how I feel, and how I am in situations that impact my life. I do not do this for the benefit of others but to keep control in my life and let out what I would normally have put under lock and key.
It is not always an easy task to reveal my emotions, to continue to be open, honest, and willing. Yet I know the path my life takes when I do not, and that person is no longer someone that I desire to be. I owe it to myself to live a better life.
Affirmation
I will continue to share my feelings, not to guilt or belittle others, but to free myself of my emotion and guard my serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment