Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Thursday 16 August 2012

August 16

No man can reveal to you ought, but that which already lies half asleep in the dawning of your knowledge.
Khalil Gibran
I recently took a huge leap in my recovery and shared my 5th step with a fellow member. I was trepidatious, knowing I was opening myself to bare my soul in a way that I had never done. Working my fourth and putting down on paper all my resentments, fears, loneliness, hurt and pain, somewhat balanced by my healthy behaviours and achievements had been challenging enough. I am grateful for the support of my step study group and the strength from my Higher Power to get me through those few weeks of intensive introspection as I worked my 4th.
My continuing recovery is showing me what I am capable of doing. My desire to live as a better person is motivating me to work the program and the continuous display of hope and the promise of a new way of living fuels my attitude to do it right. The challenges of working the steps have been tempered by the support of my fellowship. I will not deny that this has been difficult, some of the hardest work I have ever had to do to face my inner demons and my faults. It has been harder to find the good in those dark times, to discover reasons to love myself, to celebrate achievements, to find worthiness within me, and to accept myself as whole. Yet I am who I am and my Higher Power accepts me as I am, so I shall do no less.
Affirmation
The hardest steps can be overcome when I trust the process and accept the support of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment