Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday 21 August 2012

August 21

”It’s a good thing to have all the props pulled out from under us occasionally. It gives us a sense of what is rock under our feet, and what is sand.”
Madeleine L’Engle
My vision in life is often quite narrow still, even in recovery. My desire for things to go my way can blind me to possibilities other than the one I want. This is my ongoing challenge, trying to open myself to the will of my Higher Power and relinquishing my own. I need to let go, surrender and let things happen as they will. When I try to force the issue, see my way as the only way, I often close myself to other’s opinions and actions. I try to fit things into my scenario and when they don’t I reject them or see the person as someone who is working against me rather than with me.
It is hard to stay focused in the present and worry only about the facts. Trying to understand the motivation of others is an impossible task, yet I still try anyways. My primary goal is to keep working my program and concentrating on the things I can control.
As hard as I try to manage my life there are times when the rug is pulled right out from under me. It’s just another reminder of how little control I actually have. I can remember this on a day to day basis as each day is really no different…I don’t require those extreme events to remind me to worry first about myself and my needs and let others take care of themselves.
Affirmation
God, grant me the patience, strength and courage to worry about my own thoughts and actions today and to let all others go.

No comments:

Post a Comment