Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Wednesday 8 August 2012

August 8

”We have no need to find courage. It is already within all of us. We simply need to reclaim it.”
Lance Secretan
The transition from loneliness to solitude for me is about stopping my tendency to escape and avoid what I am thinking and especially what I am feeling. Being alone is ok and being in a crowd is alright, but in either case or anywhere in between my head can be on its way out the door into the past, into fantasy, into planning, into regretting, into worry or any other number of places to get away from the here and now as fast as possible. It is all too easy for me to zone out in front of the TV, computer, a book, video game or whatever.
It takes energy, effort and courage to stay focused in the present, to let my thoughts and feelings be experienced and then allowed to pass. But the reward is that I have less baggage to carry with me and it makes it easier to live just for today.
As I have often written, my life in recovery is a lot less about learning new things as it is in rediscovering my positive traits and abilities that have lain dormant. I am finding my source of courage, hope, strength and resolve that reside at the core of my being and making better use of them. I am reclaiming my body, my mind, my heart and my soul.
Affirmation
I will seek out the strengths that lie within me, my Higher Power has given me the tools to use I just need to pick them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment