Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 3 August 2012

August 3

”If you let fear of consequence prevent you from following your deepest instinct, then your life will be safe, expedient and thin.”
Katherine Butler Hemingway
Changing, taking risks is scary business. Opening one’s self to the unknown takes courage, faith and sometimes a little bit of luck. My recovery has not happened because I have played it safe, because I have worked the program and the steps just enough to get by. I have had to plunge in head-first, often without even knowing just what I am diving into. Yet I can attest that I have received as much as I have been willing to put into the program.
I still have blocks to being able to listen to my deepest instincts and to know that they are those which my Higher Power desires as well. My ear is not yet fully tuned to distinguish between my inner voices, that of my addict as well as my conscience which I attribute to God. Sometimes I simply have to take the blind step forward and trust in my spiritual guide. I often pray for a sign to show me the way.
I know and care enough about myself to realize that I do not want a life that is safe, expedient and thin. I am willing to take risks and learn patience to reap the richness of life. I have missed too much already while consumed by my addiction, why would I ever want to forgo experiencing all the world has to offer now?
Affirmation
I will see risks today as the opportunity to explore the richness of life, to seize the day and reap what God has provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment