Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Monday 13 August 2012

August 13

”You can’t build a reputation on what you intend to do.”
Liz Smith
Most days I set out with good intentions. I start with a prayer, read a daily meditation, and commit to being in recovery. Yet it still happens that I fall into the routine of my day and my program takes a back seat, present but mostly forgotten or ignored. I somehow make it through the day until something triggers me and then I snap back into recovery mode. This can happen several times throughout the day.
I need to actively make recovery and my tools an integral part of my day. Taking sanity breaks to say the Serenity Prayer, reach out to a friend in the program, simply pause, breathe and refocus on the present – all these will help me guard against trigger moments. I can choose to be more proactive in working my program rather than reaction to situations that challenge me.
It takes more than good intentions to make my recovery a reality. It takes action and work on my part to put the tools into practice. If I want to change my reputation, how I feel about myself, and remove my secret life, I need to take the steps to make the knowledge I am gaining visible to myself and others. It will take effort, sweat and tears to change into the recovering person I intend to become. 
Affirmation
It’s my deeds today that will reflect how much I have changed in recovery, so let’s get to it and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment