Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Friday 31 August 2012

August 31

”Courage is resistance to fear, masking of fear, not absence of fear.”
Mark Twain
Being in recovery is scary business. Facing life without the safety and security of my addiction can be frightening. Even though I see and hear that the program and faith in a Higher Power works for others in recovery, it is another thing entirely to make those steps on my own. Yet each challenge I face in sobriety, with the knowledge of my Higher Power by my side and my fellowship supporting me, strengthens my resolve and determination to live without the crutch of my drug of choice.
Courage is a muscle that I can strengthen through use. I have faced seriously challenging and emotionally charged situations in recovery, sane and sober, that I could never have imagined having survived without resorting to acting out only a short time ago.
God is a continued blessing in my life as I reprioritize my spiritual health. When I lack the strength, patience or courage I know help is only a prayer away. Meditation and gratitude complete the triangle of my spiritual life. To help keep me balanced and whole, in good times and in bad. 
Affirmation
I may be afraid to face life without my old coping mechanisms but I can take heart that others in the program have gone before me and succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment