Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies done this year. So more are available, now at a cost of $20 CAD. My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Sunday 5 August 2012

August 5

”When a man finds no peace within himself it is impossible to find it elsewhere.”
La Rochefoucauld
Many in the program refer to a “hole in the soul”, a void or some other description of the part of their being that their addiction, in temporary measure, has helped them to cope with during their lives. For me I have come to recognize it as my spiritual centre, where my addiction was effecting in severing the ties to my Higher Power while replacing Him with false idols. I know I have tried many ways to complete this missing piece of my wholeness, all pulled from external sources, to try and feel complete.
Today as I am reconnecting to the God of my understanding, I am realizing more that the hole was not so much an emptiness as a denial of the parts of me that allowed my belief, faith and trust in my Higher Power. I am uncovering talents, abilities and values that my addiction covered up to keep me under its control.
The power of serenity comes first from within. Now that I am living in sobriety, working my program, and my thoughts, deeds and actions are better aligned, peace and harmony are radiating from an internal source of power. I need not rely on external sources to fulfill all my needs; God has let His light shine in me. 
Affirmation
I am a vessel for my Higher Power and when I let Him work through me, I can find peace, serenity and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment