Book Sales

My first print run of 100 copies sold out, but I have had a second printing of an additional 250 copies. So more are available at a cost of $25 CAD.

My second book, Twelve Steps for Everyday Living, is now available for purchase for $15 CAD. It is my attempt, based on my experience and those who've been a part of my recovery journey, to transform the 12 Steps into a tool for anyone to use to navigate the challenges and trials of life.

In Serenity,

Scott    Email: sastewart74@gmail.com

Review it? Do you have a copy and enjoy what you have read? Can you help me promote it by leaving a good review at Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21939460-lean-on-me)? Thanks for your support.

In other news, after a long debate and some peer pressure, I have started a second blog, along the same vein as Lean on Me, but in my second language. You can check it out here - Tomber dans l'appui.

Tuesday, 15 May 2012

May 15



” Don't wait for your 'ship to come in' and feel angry and cheated when it doesn't. Get going with something small.”

Irene Kassorla
I feel…I feel good when I am happy, when I am sad, when I am frustrated or even when I am angry. I am learning to distinguish and separate my feelings from my actions. My emotions are a response to a situation – how it affects me. I can see now that my emotions do not need to be incorporated into the actions that I take. Therefore I can allow myself to feel pain, to feel rejection or to feel angry. There is a reason I feel this way, some part of my beliefs, values or morals that are being confronted. But I do not need to be angry, to return anger in my response. The feelings are my own to be felt and are not meant to be shared.
This is a big step in my recovery and my emotional maturity. It is still a new insight and way of behaving and I am conscious that it will take time and patience for it to become a more regular way for me to respond to life, and certainly in situations of conflict. Like everything else I am learning in recovery, awareness of how things are is a powerful force in guiding me to change my perceptions and behaviours. 
Affirmation
Today I will try to not reflect my feelings in my actions towards others; my emotions are meant for me to perform a self-check before responding appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment